Hello List,
  I have been reviewing the archives on the topic of medical records kept by employers and the retention applied.  I did not really see anything about retention other than one email for 6 years and a lot of talk about the separate filing classifications needed for HR documentation.  My company is attempting to keep  such medical records permanently and not just the duration of the inactive/terminated records. We have a separate category for OSHA requirements being 30 years.   I do not think this is wise and am looking for references as to why or why not to keep this information so long.  Can any of you point me in the right direction adn or comment?

Thanks,
    Amy Harrelson