Dear Moses:
As I see it, the problem you raised involve association between structure
of knowledge / kind of learning, and network structure.
A direct application of March in that direction is the research agenda done
by Morten Hansen (e.g. :"Search-Transfer problem: The role of weak ties in
sharing knowledge across organizational units", Administrative Science
Quarterly 1999 44 (1): 82-111. and related papers).
Nahapiet and Ghoshal (Academy of Management Review, 1998) and Tsai and
Ghoshal (Academy of Management Journal, 1998) provide some theoretical and
empirical grounds for the study of the transfer and creation of tacit
knowledge via social networks across organizational units.

Another empirical application on learning contextual knowledge in
unstandartized technology markets see Darr and Talmud (2003) "The Structure
of Knowledge and Seller Buyer Networks in Markets for Emergent
Technologies" Organization Studies 24 (3): 435-453.

I hope this would help.