From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Eszter Hargittai
Sent: 12 September 2004 16:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] organizational communication job ad

Hi,

I'm posting this job ad on SOCNET, because my department is quite
interested in receiving applications for this position from people who use
social network analysis in their work. If you have any questions about the
department, please feel free to contact me.  We've been hiring from all
sorts of disciplines and have a great mix of social scientists working on
interesting projects.

Eszter

Eszter Hargittai
Assistant Professor, Communication Studies & Sociology
Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research
Northwestern University
http://www.eszter.com

=====================================

Northwestern University
School of Communication

Department of Communication Studies
Organizational Communication

The Department of Communication Studies invites applications for a
tenure-track assistant professor position in organizational communication
beginning September 1, 2005.  We seek a promising teacher/researcher
whose work is grounded in the social sciences and amenable to support
through external funding.  Candidates will be especially attractive if
their research focuses on any of these topics: conflict management,
family-work interaction, organizational leadership and decision-making,
social networking, worker well-being or workplace diversity.  In addition
to business, government and major institutions, our program is especially
concerned with community-based organizations.

Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2004 and will continue
until the position is filled.  A letter of application, vita, and three
letters of recommendation should be sent to:

Organizational Communication Search Committee
Department of Communication Studies
Northwestern University
2240 Campus Drive
Evanston, Illinois 60208-3545

Northwestern University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer.  Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.

ref: s-101-05