Laura Savoia wrote:
[snip]
> I am new here and would like to ask if someone knows which theories are
> applied to sports diffusion, in particular to the diffusion of a sport
> discipline in one or more countries.

These may not be exactly what you want, but you might find the following
studies of innovation and diffusion of sports products to be useful:

Shah, Sonali (2000). "Sources and Patterns of Innovation in a Consumer
Products Field: Innovations in Sporting Equipment." MIT Sloan School of
Management Working Paper No. 4105.
http://opensource.mit.edu/papers/shahsportspaper.pdf

Lüthje, Christian (2002). "Characteristics of innovating users in a
consumer goods field: An empirical study of sport-related product
consumers." MIT Sloan School of Management Working Paper No. 4331-02.

von Hippel, Eric (2002). "Horizontal innovation networks - by and for
users." MIT Sloan School of Management Working Paper No. 4366-02.
http://web.mit.edu/evhippel/www/UserInnovNetworksMgtSci.pdf

  Cal Lee
  University of Michigan
  School of Information
  Phone: 734-647-0505
  http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~calz/
   "Memory is attention in the past tense."
                     - Daniel Goleman, 1985