Hello, All.

Stopped by Mead this morning after Alex posted his
good finds from yesterday. There is a sign on the
front gate which reads:

Gardens closed for Restoration starting Sept. 11

No one stopped me, though.

So, birds this morning include:

Mourning Dove
Common Grackle
Prairie Warbler (one flew right next to me to feed)
Cardinals
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
White Ibis
Red Eyed Vireo
Common Yellowthroat
Carolina Wren
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downey Woodpecker
and LOTS of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. Everywhere.

Also found Shirley the Barred Owl (my name for her)
sleeping near the pond and a pair of Red Shouldered
Hawks in a leaning Palm tree.

Place is still a mess. Mosquito heaven.

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL