Hi folks
Hope that everyone in the panhandle survived the storm ok and damage was minimal. It wasn't too bad here in tallahassee just a bit breezy and wet.
Julie and I went to US 27 Landing on Lake Jackson this afternoon and had a distant flock of terns on the far side of the lake. In order to get a closer look at them we drove to Faulk Drive Landing and met up with Michael Evans and Ed Woodruff. As we arrived we noticed a near flock of terns over the lake which were all BLACK TERNS (22) and they gave us great views. From there we drove to Crowder Road Landing and had a bunch more terns, mainly FORSTER'S but there were (2) COMMONS and a CASPIAN  as well. A juvenile LAUGHING GULL was also present.
There was also a DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT on Lake Ella opposite the Publix on North Monroe and Tharpe.
Good birding to y'all
Andy Wraithmell & Julie Brashears
Tallahassee