Is it not a matter of integrity?

If you do not have, or decide not to have, a way of capturing records in
databases, including transient assembled data states, then you must have
processes such that you can re-create the record as it existed way back
when. These processes, together with the raw data, systems etc must be of
a standard meeting recordkeeping and evidenciary requirements.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.