Ilan!

Reuven Kahabe refered to multiplexity as the co-existence of
contradictory or different codes within organizational settings. For
example, he studied boarding schools as a combination of formal,
informal, and professional codes.  He has a paper on that in Sociology
of Education, 1988. He also suggested that multiplexity affects
personal orientations (multiple structures --> flexible personalities).
You can look that up as applied to Kibbutz graduates somewhere in the
British Journal of Sociology, my guess is early '70s (1975?). That's
one route.

PS: Was pleasure to hear you the other week in Jerusalem.

Bests,

Gad Yair

A second would follow the exploding literature

> Dear Fellow Socneters:
> I am looking for comprehensive sources or studies on multiplexity.
Thanks !

> Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
> Head, Graduate Studies
> Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
> University of Haifa,  31905 Haifa, ISRAEL.
> Fax: 972-4-8240819
> Phone: 972-4-8240992 (direct)
> 972-4-08240995/ 972-4-8249506 (secretaries)
> http://soc.haifa.ac.il/~talmud
> http://soc.haifa.ac.il/community

NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net