Dear SOCNET Group,

Pat Doreian mentioned that there was once an active stream of conversation relating to sampling methods and considerations for network analysis.  Does anyone still have a record or summary of this that they could send to me?

In particular, I am interested in trying to discern identity blocks from within a fairly large population.  Is it possible to use block modeling if the nodes have no connection other than shared identity or belief structures (i.e. they are a representative, not a complete sample)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Phil Murphy

Phil Murphy
PhD Student
Graduate School of Public and International Affairs
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  USA