You may want to consider Ken Frank's work at Michigan State University.  His
website is
http://www.msu.edu/%7Ekenfrank/

I also have an NSF funded study developing models for the diffusion of
educational innovations that can incorporate social network information.  I
will be presenting that paper at the upcoming meeting of the American
Educational Research Association in April.  At the moment, my paper is in
preparation and not quite ready for dissemination, but I will be happy to
disseminate it after the meeting.

Best,

David

David Kaplan                         Voice:         302-831-8696
Professor of Education       Fax:           302-831-4110
School of Education            email          mailto:[log in to unmask]
University of Delaware       Homepage:    http://www.udel.edu/dkaplan
Newark DE 19716                 SOE page:    http://www.udel.edu/educ