From:   Joshua O'Madadhain [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Sat 12/11/2004 10:41 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: [SOCNET] Request for assistance

Isaak:

JUNG (http://jung.sourceforge.net) is in Java, but it's a software
library (with demo code) that has the capabilities you need.  Your
timeframe is probably short enough that you don't have time to port the
necessary code to C++, but you might be able to call our libraries from
C++:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip17.html

and if you have questions about using JUNG (we have pretty good
documentation), feel free to ask.

Anyway, good luck.

Regards,

Joshua O'Madadhain

On 11 Dec 2004, at 10:15, Isaak Mahdi wrote:

> My employer has asked me to enhance one of our software
> applications with SNA capabilities for examining business
> process management.  Unfortunately, the timeframe for this is
> very short as we need a way to show our stakeholders an analysis
> of our employee/customer network.
>
> Since time is so constrained, I have limited resources for
> integrating software written in a language I am unfamiliar with
> (this is on top of my normal duties...).  In order to integrate
> it with our existing codebase, it must be in either VB, VB.NET,
> C#, or C++.
>
> I humbly ask if anyone is able to help by sharing SNA algorithm

> code (closeness, centrality, degree, eigenvalue, ANYTHING...) or
>  could point me in the right direction, my manager and I would
> be most grateful.
>
> Thank you,
> Isaak

Joshua O'Madadhain: Information Scientist, Musician, and
Philosopher-At-Tall
   It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill
Watterson
   My opinions are too rational and insightful to be those of any
organization.