Hi all,

The idea of extracting an adjacency matrix from a graph was developed ten
years ago for Freeman:

* Freeman, Linton C., "MAP: A Computer Program for Collecting Network Data"
en Connections 17(1): 26-30. INSNA, 1994.

I remember the 1/15 floppy disk working quite well in a PC with a green
screen!

Apart from Visone (always innovative), NetDraw allows saving data from a
graph (binary or valued matrices, and also attribute data) in different
formats (Pajek, Mage, VNA and, of course, also in Ucinet).

Greetings, jl

José Luis Molina
Coordinador programa de doctorat
Departament d'Antropologia social i cultural Universitat Autonoma de
Barcelona Facultat de Lletres-Edifici B
08193- Bellaterra (Spain)
Tf.:+93 581 12 39
Fax:+93 581 11 40