Hi everybody,

The avg. geodesic distance in a (connected) random network is approximated by ln(n)/ln(k), where n=number_of_nodes , and k=avg._ties_per_node. However, if I create a random network with parameters n and k in Pajek and calcluate its avg. geodesic distance, I get sizeably different results (regardless of how large I set n). Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gianluca

PS: To calculate the avg. geodesic distance I've been using
Ucinet/network/cohesion/distance -->adjacency