About JUNG and PREFUSE:
From my point of view and experience:
-If you want visualization: PREFUSE
-If you want algorithms + lower quality visualization: JUNG

The good news is that JUNG guys have made some work on interfacing with
PREFUSE so if you define a JUNG object (mainly a Graph) you can
transform it easily into a PREFUSE object (a graph again) with not much
effort.

What I am used to do is using JUNG to obtain algorithm results
(centrality, betweenness, ranking, etc) and displaying with PREFUSE the
network itself.

One excellent point of PREFUSE is the way in which you manage displaying
layouts.

Good luck

Victor Ciriza

-----Original Message-----
From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Andy Swarbrick
Sent: 13 December 2004 11:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: [SOCNET] Request for assistance

Isaak,

It is my understanding the NetStat libraries are not for commercial use,
so
suggest you drop them a note before using them.

Integrating JUNG, also you might want to have a look at prefuse
http://prefuse.sourceforge.net/
It also integrates JUNG so the two are mutually compatible. I have used
both
in the past fleetingly but they seem to be good place to start.

Best

Andy