> I am trying to create a 913 x 913 blank matrix but can't do it in an
> Excel spreadsheet, which only allows for 256 columns. I have a list of
> 913 names and want to transpose those 913 "rows" and create 913 columns,
> so that I can have the matrix I need. But this is not possible with
> Excel. I checked out UCINET, but the spreadsheet editor is limited to
> 255 columns.

i seem to recall that that limitation of ucinet had gotten removed in one
of the later 6.x releases.

[yes, guys, this means that i actually read changelogs with new releases
:) ]

one of the analytictech folk will probably be able to confirm for sure.
[it might be that you can use bigger data, but not edit it in the
spreadsheet windows.  i can see that happening, for sure.]

--elijah