OK I understand. I presume you know the work of Ian Lustick on
multicultural identity formation through agent-based simulations and his
studies of historical selection.

Have you checked out the papers in the site of "Terrorism, Nonlinearity
& Complex Adaptive Systems"? This is at:

http://www.cna.org/isaac/terrorism_and_cas.htm

Since the 1980s there is a stream of work on chaos theory and war. I don't
know if you would be interested in that (you might already know about it).
If you want me I could send you some references in this field.

Cheers,

--Moses