Beate:
I would use a nomination approach asking that respondents write in the
names of the organizations, allowing 7 or even 12 organizations to be
written it.  The system can be designed to complete the names after the
first few letters are typed.
- Tom

Sissenich, Beate wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I'm currently preparing an electronic survey of contacts among ca. 175
>organizations. In order to avoid respondent fatigue, I need a clever way
>of designing the questionnaire so that the list of 175 nodes doesn't
>seem quite so overwhelming. Ideally, I'd like to capture 5 different
>relation types.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to design this questionnaire to
>make it user-friendly? Examples of surveys that others have administered
>would be particularly helpful.
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Beate
>
>_____________________________________
>Beate Sissenich
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Political Science
>Indiana University
>Woodburn Hall 403
>Bloomington, IN 47405-7110
>Ph: 812-855-4198
>http://mypage.iu.edu/~bsisseni/

To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
My personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---