From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Julie Hite
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 3:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Graphics for journal articles

I have an article accepted that includes network graphic files.  I  have
exported these files from NetDraw as jpg files.  However, in the  article
proofs,
they are not very clear.  This may be due to the fact that  they have
enlarged
them to full page width.  At any rate, does anyone know  if there is a
better
format for these files to increase clarity upon publication  or any other
suggestions for how to save the file?   They are a  bit fuzzy, have a bit of
background haze and the labels are not nearly as clear  as the text of the
article.  After all the work, I'd like to have the  graphics enhance the
article
rather than detract from it.
Thanks,
Julie

Julie M.  Hite
Brigham Young University
Dept. of Educational Leadership and  Foundations
306B MCKB
Provo, UT  84602
801-422-5039