Do you know of any recent developments in explaining transitivity?
I'm scanning the literature for an empirical paper showing a causal
relationship between perception of network density and tie strength.

I'm familiar with the classical work of Davis, Holland, and Leinhardt, as
well as the contributions of Hallinan and Feld in the 1980s. Tom Snijder is
had a recent paper, but I haven't seen much more.

Please let me know if there's anything I missed, or if you have a working
paper. If you're interested in the review, drop me a line, and I'll send it.

Thanks,

Sheen