The end of an era.
My recollection of him included a lovely afternoon Pip Pattison and I
     spent with him at (I think) the London Sunbelt meeting.
And the fact that he would bring his own wine (bottled with his
      own "Harary Winery" label) to conferences.

His impact, as Steve says, is huge.   He, almost singlehandedly,
      is responsible for the popularization of graph theory in network
      analysis.   Harary, Norman, and Cartwright (1965) will always
      be an important text in our field.

Stan Wasserman