Dear Peter,

I suggest using edgelists rather than full matrices. The best way to get
started is to create a little (say N=10) dymmy dataset in UCINET, and export
it in all possible DL formats. Then see which format is that you can most
eaily create with your data.

If you really must use full matrices, try SPSS. The data editor works with a
1000 X 1000 matrix, and even bigger.

But, you will see, moving to edgelists make life so much easier.

Balazs

B a l a z s   V e d r e s
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Central European University
http://www.ceu.hu/soc_ant/index.htm
  and fellow at the Santa Fe Institute