Hello,

I am doing doctoral research in the area of knowledge management in virtual
project environments at the University of Southern Queensland / Australia.
Six international case study settings involving private, governmental and
non-profit organizations from the IT, telecom, airline, engineering and
environmental research sector will be investigated. Because I intend to use
SNA to analyse team based information / knowledge processes and to identify
informal networks I would be happy if someone could share his "wisdom" with
me targeting the following issues:

- Based on your experience, which actor and network indices are most
suitable to provide appropriate insights?
- Any suggestions, hints or literature links targeting the interpretation of
indices in the given context, e.g. what 'pattern' identifies gatekeeper or
information broker?

Other comments regarding the research area are welcomed as well.

Thanks in advance ...

Frank