Hi,

        Amazon just notified me that Exploratory Social Network Analysis with
Pajek," by Wouter de Nooy and the Pajek group is on the way.  It is part of
Mark Granovetter's "Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences" series.
Early drafts have been available at SunBelt and were reviewed by some of
Mark's SiVNAP group.  It is a very good book that explains the concepts and
then how to do the analysis.  I find Pajek very useful for reducing, merging,
visually analyzing networks, and producing drawings that are readable.  Its
documentation has been rather terse, but this book totally changes the picture
and makes network visualization accessible.

-Don
--
Don Steiny - [log in to unmask] - [log in to unmask]
 Institute for Social Network Analysis of the Economy - www.isnae.org