To add one item to this list: the HP Labs Information Dynamics group is
also working in this area; I worked with them (in particular, Lada
Adamic) last summer on a model framework that I'll be presenting at
Socnet in a few weeks.

Joshua O'Madadhain

On 22 Jan 2005, at 7:15, Barry Wellman wrote:

> The Orkut story (altho a year old) in the last Socnet digest does
> point to
> the intersection of social network software and social network
> analysis.
> There are a variety of folks working on that, with varying amounts of
> network sophistication.  Just off the top of my head:
[snip]

Joshua O'Madadhain: Information Scientist, Musician, and
Philosopher-At-Tall
   It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill
Watterson
   My opinions are too rational and insightful to be those of any
organization.