Colleagues,

I have just begun a self-study of social network theory, joined INSNA, and
am looking forward to learning as much about social network theory as
possible.  (Unfortunately, I can't attend Sunbelt this year, but perhaps
next).  My question is two-fold.  First, should I familiarize myself with
formal graph theory?  Second, can the someone recommend a basic introductory
text - at the "Graph Theory for Dummies" level.

Thanks in advance,

David

=====================================
David Kaplan, PhD
Professor of Education
School of Education
University of Delaware
Newark DE 19716

Voice:             302-831-8696
Fax:                302-831-4110
email:              mailto:[log in to unmask]
Homepage:     http://www.udel.edu/dkaplan
SOE page:      http://www.udel.edu/educ