From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of gad yair
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 3:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: question

Hola Dan!

I am away from my office resources so cannot point specific references. BUT:
Take a look at qualitative software developers (Atlast Ti will be a great
start) who do conceptual maps based on empirically verified analyses.

Gallois Latice methods would be another look I would take.  Less sure,
though, of this track.

If I'll have something specific, will send it off.

Bests,

Gad Yair

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:47:18 -0800, Daniel A McFarland wrote

> Dear All:
>
> I am trying to locate published works that describe how network-like
representations of ideas (say, causal / conceptual maps) better facilitate
individual understanding and comprehension than other forms of knowledge
representation (say, search lists). I've used Google, a variety of library
search engines, and a variety of different strings, but have not found any
work that is of direct relevance with empirical findings - just lots of
suggestive evidence and tangential works. I suspect someone on this list may
know of useful references.

> Much thanks,
> -Dan
>
> ____________________________