   The Florida race of the kestrel is no longer a nesting bird in
southeast Florida(they were a bird of the pinelands in Miami-Dade
county), but we have always had plenty of wintering birds in our urban
areas. However, I have not noticed wny around the Tropical Audubon
Headquarters here in High Pines(theoretical Coral Gables) this winter.
I once counted 80 along the phone wires in the Florida Keys one October
some 25+ years ago from Key Largo to Marathon. I will have to check that
area again.
   Bob Kelley
   Coral Gables, FL