On the third try I found the Pacific Loon and got excellent looks.  Arrived
at Kennedy Point Park at 10:00 am and searched and searched and found many
Horned Grebes, some Red-breasted Mergansers, and about a dozen loons, most way out
in the lagoon.  At 11:10 am the Pacific Loon was spotted beyond channel
markers 9 & 10 and was coming closer at every dive.  By 11:25 it was just 250 yards
away and in the marina channel but now as each boat would traverse the
channel, the loon started moving further away.  By 11:40 am it was at least 500
yards out and opening at each dive.  At the closest point I had a good comparison
with a Common Loon that was just 40 yards away.  The bird was smaller, the
bill less massive, appearing almost thin was held on the horizontal, the throat
was much whiter than the Common Loon and the neck pattern had a distinct
seperation of white and black not the irregular patern seen on the common.  Could
not distinguish a chin strap.  This bird was reported a week ago by Paul Bithorn
and has been seen since by Ken LaBorte and feuss.  I had an opportunity to
share the sighting, my excitement and my scope with a lady from Port Huron,
Michigan, birding our area.  I appologize that I did not get her name.

Kennedy Point Park is in Titusville, Brevard County Forida where the east end
of State Road 50 meets Highway 1.  See Pranty Guide page 176 for a map to
area.  I was set up on the Kennedy Poin Park river walkway, north end at the
northern most bench.  Channel markers 9 & 10 will be the first set to the
northeast.  If you try for this bird, be patient, It spends 90% of the time under
water!

Roy Book
Indialantic, FL