Today John Joyal and I visited Babcock-Webb WMA off I-75 north of Ft. Myers
in Charlotte County.  The Red-cockaded Woodpeckers came out at 7:15 a.m. on
the site along Oil Well Road.  Farther north, we found Brown-headed
Nuthatches and Bachman's Sparrows.  Along Seaboard Road we found two
American Bitterns just off the road.  Leaving the premises on Truckers Grade
we found a King Rail and an immature Broad-winged Hawk.  In all we found
fifty-two species in three and one/half hours.

Good Birding,

Dave Thurston
Naples.