Hi everybody -- just wanted to add to the discussion that I live outside of Tampa in east Hillsborough and do see Kestrels daily.  A pair has remained in the same area near my house for the last 2-3 years even though more than half their pasture land has been built over in the last 3 months...  I also see them ten minutes north of me in remaining pasture lands as well.  Just wanted to throw in some good news to cheer us up when considering what is happening to all wildlife habitat in our state.  I have been wondering for a couple years now how long Kestrels would be able to live in the Brandon/Valrico area since most of our pasture land and fields are being turned into shopping malls and residential areas.

Tracy Mellody
Valrico, FL
www.MosaicWorkshops.com