After spending several hours walking about 8 miles looking for the teal my legs finally decided they'd had enough. As it was getting late I decided to take a quick run down to the lighthouse before leaving. Stopped at Headquarters Pond on the way and found the teal without getting out of my car. This was right about 5 pm. It was with some blue wings way at the back of the pond. Attempted to digiscope it but the results aren't worth mentioning (same thing with two vermillion flycatchers out on the dikes though did get some decent shots of one with my video camera).

In addition, there were quite a few mallards and pintails in Stoney Bayou #2. Couldn't find the black ducks. First thing in the morning there was a possible golden crowned kinglet at the second bridge. All I saw was a flash of yellow on the head of something small then it disappeared never to return.

Bob Richter