Hi,
I noticed a post a few days ago on a large mass of Tree Swallows. I live in a
rural area and on Wednesday at 10:30 am, a HUGE flock filled the sky over my
home for 30 minutes. They would break into separate flocks and then rejoin and
do it again. I have slash pine and saw palmetto and a canal not far and they
just came up from the ground into the sky. I have never seen so many birds at
one time in one place. I have climbed the Appalachian Trail at Snickers Gap,
Virginia for fall hawk migration and thought I saw a lot of birds until now.
After about 15 minutes, 3 Turkey Vultures were curious and joined in the party.
They looked a little out of place!

Tom Allen
North Port, FL