Sorry for the late post.

Yesterday at 12:30 there were over 100 Boanparte's Gulls feeding on the heavy surf crashing over the North Jetty at Ponce Inlet.  In addition there were about 1,000 Forster's Terns feeding in the first line of large breakers all along the beach north from the Inlet. That is the largest concentration of Forster's Terns I have seen.

Also for the last several days good groups of Black Skimmers, up to 560, have been in the Inlet. Also large numbers of Red Knots up to 200+; hundreds of Dunlin; hundreds of Western and smaller numbers of Least Sandpipiers; 20 Piping Plovers; 9 Wilson's Plovers; 100+ Semipalmated Plovers; 15 Caspian Terns; 12 Great Black-Backed Gulls; 1 Lesser Black-Backed Gull as well a hundreds of the regular winter gull and tern suspects. Also over 130 White Pelicans on the sandbar behind Inlet Harbor Restaurant.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet