-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Alan Craig
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LSC working with local high schools in study skills

Regina,

Regarding consequences: For our campus, I am a member of the Academic
Exclusion Appeals Committee.  If someone in academic difficulty does not
abide by our prescription (for example, minimum of two hours per week in the
learning center and weekly meeting with a mentor) and they subsequently
appeal an exclusion, we usually deny the appeal unless there are what we
think are valid extenuating circumstances.

Alan Craig

Instructional Support Services Coordinator
Georgia Perimeter College
Dunwoody Campus
Atlanta, GA 30338
770-551-3056