From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan at Class Act, Inc.
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 10:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: help with a topic for class

Hello from Kentucky,

I teach a college developmental reading class, and I'm going to do a
little lesson on articles that deal with a "caveat emptor" theme. This
is the description that I have for this unit:

>From credit card scams to junk mail to get-rich-quick schemes that
(surprisingly?) don't work, Americans are constantly being cheated.
Students need to be aware of what to look for-and what to look out
for-where their money is concerned.

Aside from credit card scams, junk mail, and get-rich-quick schemes,
what else would you suggest that I could add for this topic? (I have
already put in something about the Nigerian--and other countries--e-mail
hoax).

Many thanks.

Susie Thurman

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L