Well done, Elisa!

An even funnier part of this article in Nature is a previous one they ran
on the same topic about 10 years ago.  The authors of that piece used the
same linear extrapolation method and predicted by about this point in time
that women would have surpassed men in world records for the marathon,
with the other long distances soon to follow.  Given the discrepancy with
current reality, it's surprising that Nature continues to publish such
foolhardy predictions based on unsound procedures.

Take care,

Devon