Hello all,

An announcement about MeshForum - a conference on Networks which I am
organizing May 1-3, 2005 in Chicago, an invitation to an upcomming
MeshForum dinner on Feb 17th in NYC, and a request for guest bloggers.

My hope is that many on this list will attend MeshForum and participate in
our panels and discussions. Suggestions for speakers are welcome, though
most of MeshForum will be panels and discussion! (feel free to nominate
yourself)

On Feb 17th I will be in NYC and have organized a dinner for people
interested in MeshForum and networks. If you are interested in attending,
please contact me privately at [log in to unmask] for an evite.

We are looking for guest bloggers to join us at MeshForum and contribute
observations, discussions, and links on Networks. We have also started a
list of Network Experts
(http://www.meshforum.org/archives/experts/index.html). Updates,
corrections, and additional people are very much appreciated.

thanks,

Shannon

Shannon Clark
Founder, MeshForum
"Connecting Networks"
Join us May 1-3, 2005 in Chicago

--------------------------------
MeshForum
(http://www.meshforum.org)
May 1-3, 2005 Chicago IL, USA

Networks form the basis of everything, from how your body works to who you
know, from how power is distributed to how the store on the corner is kept
stocked. Networks have frequently been in the news, from the elections to
anti-terrorism, to investigations of financial markets and the Blackout in
the US.

Whether you are an academic, a business leader, or a politician
understanding Networks is a requirement for success in the 21st century.
Recent research has shown similarities in the shape, structure, and growth
of networks across many fields.

MeshForum will bring together expert and leaders from many fields for 2
days of Connecting Networks. In a single, highly participatory track,
panels of experts and select speakers will cover topics from summarizing
current academic research to techniques for navigating and activating
networks in specific industries.

Exchanging knowledge and different views and perspectives will be the
order of the day.

To be held May 2nd and 3rd in Chicago with an opening reception on May
1st. MeshForum will have a maximum size of 300 attendees.

Registration forms are available at
http://www.meshforum.org/registration.html

Academics receive a discount of $250 on registration.