that guide is great - hope to see more detailed reviews in the
future!...one quick and random note: entremate is in a shuffle...i'm
friendly with the founder and they've been mulling over a shutdown (as of
last fall actually), not sure if you've reviewed them yet...

in terms of resources, i've also pulled together a bunch of them at
passingnotes.com...first group is specific to sna (vendors, examples,
articles/reports, etc), about 90ish resources at:
http://www.passingnotes.com/research.php?t=sub_pages&cat=10

specific to your question (!!!!!) are 47 links to studies, papers,
resources of similar nature within that category:
http://www.passingnotes.com/research.php?t=sub_pages&cat=50 (some are
examples, e.g. one by valdis that was circulating a while back regarding
terrorist networks)

second group is specific to online networking and community sites (avoiding
the term 'social networks'), about 65ish resources in three categories
(usa, foreign and parodies, along with a few interesting other sites...)
http://www.passingnotes.com/research.php?t=sub_pages&cat=14

...and don't forget that wiki that socialtext is running! it's at:
http://www.socialtext.net/ssa/index.cgi?social_software_alliance_wiki (has
a couple of articles as well)
-dave

At 07:16 PM 2/27/2005, you wrote:

>You may find some of Sheen Levine's work particularly relevant:
>http://sslevine.com/Research/research.htm
>
>I also suggest visit the website for our forthcoming book at
>http://thevirtualhandshake.com/ , particularly our social software guide at
>http://thevirtualhandshake.com/online-social-networks-guide/ .

>David Teten
>
>Nitron Advisors, LLC ( www.NitronAdvisors.com )
>
>Circle of Experts ( www.CircleOfExperts.net )
>
>Providing institutional investors with access to frontline industry experts

>email: [log in to unmask]
>
>Skype IM/VOIP phone: dteten
>
>direct: [1] 212-329-1010, main: [1] 212-329-1020
>
>cell: [1] 917-355-5726, private efax: [1] 815-642-0480
>
>3 West 35th Street, 7th floor
>
>New York, NY  10001-2204  USA

David Carpe
Principal and Founder, Clew, LLC (http://www.clew.us)
E: [log in to unmask]
W: 781.674.2539
M: 781.883.5487

***Internet Email Confidentiality Footer***
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
given nor endorsed by it.