It's still early 2005, but given that a trip to South Africa may need more
thorough planning than a trip to one of the more common conference
locations, it may be wise to start calling for papers early.

The XVI World Congress of the International Sociological Association
will take place in Durban, South Africa, 23-29 July 2006. There will be
a session devoted to social network analysis. Look at the following
links for the main conference announcement, and that the of the RC33
methodology sessions:
http://www.ucm.es/info/isa/congress2006/message.htm
http://www.ucm.es/info/isa/congress2006/rc/rc33_durban.htm

If you are interested in giving a presentation, please send a proposal to
the session chair before October 1, 2005. For the social network
session, that would be me ([log in to unmask]). I'd be happy to
assemble a high-quality social networks session.

Cordially,
Christian.