FYI

Those interested in the message referenced below might wish to take a brief
look at
http://www.santafe.edu/files/gems/politicalviolence/mackerrowabstract.pdf

or
http://hcs.ucla.edu/lake-arrowhead-2003/mackerrow.html

or
http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/secrecy/2004/03/030204.html

Dr. Edward MacKerrow has been a researcher at Los Alamos since 1990. He
received his PhD in Physics from the University of New Mexico in 1995. His
past research has been in non-linear optics applied to multi-photon
absorption, statistical optics applied to understanding laser speckle and
modeling optical coherence effects in laser remote sensing. During a recent
sabbatical from Los Alamos he was the Vice President of Science at the Bios
Group, a specialty consulting firm led by Stuart Kauffman that builds
agent-based models for international corporations. Ed MacKerrow focused on
modeling operational risk in the banking and energy sector. In 2002 he
returned to Los Alamos as a staff member in Complex Systems Group,
Theoretical Division, where he continues to focus on socio-economic
simulation and supply chain dynamics. His current research focuses on
agent-based simulation applied to complex problems in socio-economics,
organizational modeling, and social systems.

Blyden Potts