I am looking for studies that have examined how the stability of
networks influence the behavior of their members. I am particularly
interested in research that has looked at the aggregate durability of
ego's ties on ego's behavior and performance. For example, it strikes me
that the structural holes and network closure arguments of social
capital make implicit assumptions regarding the length of time the ties
in ego's network have existed. Will the ties in a newly formed (ego)
network have the same information diffusion properties of a
long-existing network and thus give rise to the same degree of
deterrence-based trust? How might the addition of a new dyad (or triad)
to a network alter the dynamics of the whole network? These are the
sorts of questions for which I am looking for answers. I would
appreciate any suggestions on potentially relevant studies. I will post
a summary of responses for the list. Thanks in advance.

Corey Phelps
Asst. Professor, Management & Organization
University of Washington Business School
Box 353200
Seattle, WA 98195
ph. 206-543-6579