        I can't help but point out that Harrison White, argueably the most
influential person on modern network theory, was a physicist who applied
his knowledge of physics to the social sciences.  Here is a paper that
discusses that:

http://www.mot.chalmers.se/dept/idy/home/azarian.pdf

        White has a number of important papers, perhaps his one on blockmodels
is the most influential for network analysis.

-Don

rhoten writes:

> The idea of collaboration seems like an excellent proposal idea ... I think there could be a fascinating line of work here, merging the sociologists' and physicists' approaches to networks, exploring where lay the convergences and divergences in approaches ... examining opportunities to and obstacles for a network law(s).
>
> Diana

Don Steiny - [log in to unmask] - [log in to unmask]
 Institute for Social Network Analysis of the Economy - www.isnae.org
   125 Mission St #3 - Santa Cruz, CA 95060 - 831.471.1671 - fax: 831.471.1670