Since UCINET is a commercial product, and since UCINET has its own list, I
think it is best not to use SOCNET for what are essentially technical
support questions. For information on joining the UCINET list please visit
www.analytictech.com/ucinet.htm .

If you ask your question there, you will learn that if your attribute
filename contains spaces, you must enclose it in quotes, as in

        "test 1 group" col 1

This says, Open a file called "test 1 group" and read the first variable in
that file.

You will also find out that the network matrix should contain 1s and 0s
rather than 1s and missing values.

(ok, so I snuck in some technical support -- it just seemed efficient.)

Steve Borgatti
Org Studies, Boston College