I do not support the view of Martina, but partly that of Moses. networks do play a very large role in physics: much of solid state physics (semi-conducter, conducter, cristals, etc) is about transport in networks or growth of networks. on the other hand for example aome quantum mechanical effects like entanglement etc is also about particles that are somehow or other connected.

I guess the question is, how many and who in the relative scientific network are willing to share their ideas and thoughts in such a way to help all of us to better understand networks and their dynamics. I look at it as a kind of mosaic: if whoever has something to contribute does that regardless of "old" animosities between different fields of science, then the whole field will be better off.

I really do hope to see more physicists interested in sociology (and also citing the relevant people).
--
Dipl.-Phys. Bettina Hoser
Informationsdienste und elektronische Märkte

Gebäude 20.20 RZ (Raum 164), Zirkel 2

Telefon: +49.721.608-8407
Telefax: +49.721.608-8403

http://www.em.uni-karlsruhe.de