this was meant to go to the list last night, but i forgot to cc it.  i'm a
bit surprised there weren't a tidal wave of responses to the suggestion
that Duncan Watts coined the term Small Worlds.  stunned silence perhaps.
no meant offense to Duncan with this, who, i'm sure, would not be
offended.

[CITATION] The small world problem - Web Search
S Milgram - Cited by 349
Psychology Today, 1967

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Willemien Kets wrote:

> Duncan Watts, who coined the term Small Worlds, is a physicist who now works
> at Columbia in the Sociology department (on the Small World project, see
> http://smallworld.columbia.edu/)
>
> Best,
>
> Willemien

  Blumstein-Jordan Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Department of Sociology
  Box 353340
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-3340