Dear Socneters,
my name is Martí Rosas and I am working with GIS (particularly ArcGIS)
for the UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development  at the Politechnic
University of Catalonia. For my PhD, I am doing some research on the
relationship between technical infrastructures (such as power grid,
highways, railroads, etc.), land and society and how those first ones
can break and split these two second ones. The main purpose of my
investigation is in developing some better or new sustainable indicators
for the land use. I would like to know if there is anybody working in a
similar or the same field and facing the same problems as I face such as
programing in arcgis, finding land organization models and alike, to
exchange opinions, results, answers and questions.
Thank you very much and best wishes from the mediterranean coast!
Yours sincerely,

Martí Rosas i Casals
Lab. de Termoenergètica
Escola Universitària d'Enginyeria Tècnica Industrial de Terrassa
Dept. de Màquines i Motors Tèrmics
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
c/ Colon 1, 08222, Terrassa (Barcelona)
e-correu: [log in to unmask]