Celina,

This article is popular with people working in economic development.
Written for a non-academic audience, it is a summary of the work of
ACEnet -- the Appalachian Center for Economic Networks.  June Holley of
ACEnet [on this list],  and I have been mapping the entrepreneurial
networks in SE Ohio since 1998 ...and every year we get better at it!
;-)

http://www.orgnet.com/BuildingNetworks.pdf

It was published in the Non-Profit Quarterly -- Spring 2004 -- Volume
11, Issue 1

Enjoy!

Valdis