*From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
*Behalf Of celinabasto
*Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 10:01 AM
*To: [log in to unmask]
*Subject: Networks of Small Businesses
*
******  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org  *****
*
*Hi Steve! Hi Everybody!
*
*Is anyone working with small businesses networks?
*
*Brazilian government has defined clusters of small businesses as a strategy
*of development. As far as I have observed lots of efforts are concentrated
*in local infrastructure (Marshallian Industrial Districts) and very little
*is done about networks.
*
*Informations on the subject will be welcomed.
*
*"Abraços" from Brazil,
*
*Celina
*
*> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
*>
*> Scholarship is not what it used to be. BTW, as Duncan notes, Karinthy
*used
*> the term in the 20s.
*>
*> Steve.
*>
*> PS. A manager asked me what he could do to make his organization more
*> scale-free.
*>
*> Steve Borgatti
*> Org Studies, Boston College