Hello Robin,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have a feeling we are working on similar projects. We are also concerned how government policy may impact small businesses and the innovation processes that occur within.

In 2003 I had a chance to work as a consultant for a government agent promoting the implementation of a network of small garment manufacturers (23 to begin with) in the city of Salvador, state of Bahia in Brazil. Great results and innovations. Too bad the reports and an article about the experience is not in English yet.

In 2004 the project was enlarged with the leadership of a young shopping center owner. Other manufacturers, artisans, governement units, banks, schools and other local organizations were invited to join. I believe the network perspective could be very useful. Hope to learn more from our exchange.

Please send me the report in .doc. I could not open the report on the site you sent. I would also appreciate receiving your article "Creative Ties and Ties That Bind"

"Abraços" (which means "hugs", a warm way to say "we are sharing something" in Portuguese),

Celina