  Yesterday evening I recieved a second hand report from my roomate that he and a friend observed a rufous phase CHUCK-WILL'S-WIDOW in his backyard (in Fernandina Beach) on 2/7 in the middle of the afternoon.  The Chuck was apparently sitting in the yard and then flew up to a live oak branch. The size, plumage, and body description my roomate commentated to me matches that of a Chuck.  Isn't it a bit early to have Chucks coming through? Perhaps this one has overwintered.  I know they winter not 200 miles south of here.  Has anyone else in the NE FL area (Fernandina, Jax, St. Augustine) observed any Chucks this winter?

Good Birding

Justin Rink
Amelia Island
Fernandina Beach, Nassau Co.